1. Start by reading a lot of travel stories that were written by famous writers. Analyze these articles and know exactly how they were written. List down the writing techniques and elements that make them stand out from the crowd. List down your observations and make use of them when writing your own articles.
2. Choose your topics. There are a lot of travel articles that are available both in the online and offline arena. It’s very important that you set your articles apart from the rest. Start by choosing topics that are not usually being explored by other travel writers or target specific but very interesting new angles. Remember, you need to offer your readers with new information otherwise, they will not waste their time reading your copies.
3. Start strong. You must be able to hook your readers on your first paragraph. This is the only way to make sure that they’ll read your articles until the end. Use quotes, present amazing discoveries, or challenge common beliefs. You can also use jaw-dropping questions that will pique the curiosity of your readers.
4. Make your articles interesting to read. Aside from loading your articles with great information, make sure that you also write them in such a way that you’ll be able to engage your readers. Your enthusiasm must be evident in your content. Ask questions, inject humor, and use relevant images as much as you can.
5. Keep your articles short. Nobody wants to waste precious time these days. Show your readers that you appreciate their time by making your travel articles short but meaty and tight.